Jorgenson Construction is actively seeking an qualified project engineer to join our team of construction professionals. Applicants must have a strong aptitude for task management and a desire to work in a fast-paced deadline driven atmosphere. This position will work with multiple project team members and be responsible to assist with project administrative duties. Are you eager to learn from some of the best in the business?
Perform as an effective project engineer and establish a positive, cooperative and supportive working relationship with subcontractors, suppliers, and office/field personnel:
- Prior Internship and/or construction related experience preferred
- Assist Project Manager(s) with administration and procurement
- Assist processing submittals, RFI’s and material expediting
- Assist in project costs management and support closeout process
- Maintain open communication with subcontractors
- Administrate projects from start to completion
- Coordinate plans for bidding, plan deposits, contact exchanges
- Bid preparation – Bond & Insurance requests, invites & follow-up
- Administration of RFI’s, Shop Drawings, PR’s and change orders.
- Email correspondence between subcontractors/architects/field office
- Project Closeout – Public Market (warranties, O&M manuals, as-built drawings)
- Tracking and follow-up for all sections for closeout documentation
- Website maintenance-plan room
- Point of contact for Subcontractors & Architects
- Demonstrate ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Maintain high level of professionalism, quality and accuracy
- Prepare permit applications, request & process certificates of insurance
- Process submittals
Knowledge & Skills
- Construction Management Degree Preferred the
- Commercial construction project coordination experience
- Provide excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards
- Provide excellent client management and goodwill building
- Use effective time management and logical decision making
- Medical, Dental, Short Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Plan
- Professional Development
- Dynamic Work Environment
*Responsibilities are subject to change.
READY TO APPLY?
Please send a cover letter and detailed resume to:
Aaron Weed, Chief Operations Officer
Mail: 9255 East River Road N.W.
Minneapolis, MN 55433